Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fun in Champaign

The kids had a wonderful morning in Champaign on Saturday. The street was filled with fun activities including a NASCAR simulator with a driving game Owen could try (and a cushy passenger seat Maya thought was just about perfect for bouncing ...)


There was also an obstacle course-style bouncy house with walls to climb and a slide that Owen loved!


And lots of other good things to keep you interested ...

Like the marathoners finishing their 26.2 mile runs.
The Illinois Marathon was my 36th marathon. It was a fun day ... but also a challenge as the early morning cool gave way to late morning heat and humidity. But I finished. And I adored my terrific cheering section, including Mom and Dad (who got up extra early to come with me for the 7:30 start). And Amy and the kids who came a little later in the morning, joined by Auntie Pam, who was attending her first marathon.

Perhaps the best part of the day, though, was having Owen run with me for the final leg of the race, like he did at my last marathon. I'll add a photo of our finish as soon as the race gets them posted.

Run, Daddy, run!

No comments: