Monday, October 1, 2007

Driving fast, getting wet

It's been a week and a half since I last posted. I've been hesitant to post anything new in case there are stragglers still coming to the blog in response to my emailed invitation. If you are one of those people, enough with the subtlety, AMY'S PREGNANT. More here.

Owen is excited about his new helmet. When he's in his car, the helmet goes on.

I write this because it will make you more comfortable as you watch the opening few seconds of the following video. The first time I watched it my skin prickled in that every-parent's-worst-nightmare kind of way.

He's safe. Don't worry.



We had a great time in Iowa City over the weekend (despite Iowa's lousy performance in the football game). The highlight was the fountain in the ped mall. Owen and I have been visiting the neighboring playground all summer. He runs, he slides, he pays the coolness of the adjacent fountain no attention ... until the last day of September. Fortunately, it was a gorgeous day. Warm. Perfect for stripping down to your underpants and weaving through the coeds passing by.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was my favorite day of the year so far! I'm so happy we got to share it:)

Unknown said...

I thought we had broken you of underpants weaving when we were undergrads, Joel!