Thursday, March 17, 2011

Feeling lucky?

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

I'm Dutch. So, seriously, celebrating St. Patrick's Day is still kind of new to me. I recall I used to intentionally not wear green to school back in the day. A pinch from the right person ... well ... that might no be so bad.

This year, though, St. Patrick's Day seems to have been going on forever. Just ask Amy. Last Thursday morning she decorated the kids' breakfast green because the concert at the theater that night was the Young Dubliners and she thought the holiday had already arrived.

Then Saturday was the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

And now, here it is. Finally! St. Patrick's Day!

We're well practiced, so let's have a little fun!


The holiday started like it did the Thursday before with green-food-colored cream cheese on the breakfast bagel and the John Deere green T-shirt he actually got to wear this week.

Amy threw on some beads.

Maya stayed in her pajamas ... but thought it was all pretty silly.

And I finally got to wear my first ever official St. Patrick's Day shirt!

It was so much fun, what do you say we do it all again next week?

No comments: