Friday, September 4, 2009

FABULOUS!

Maya had her first haircut last weekend. No "Bend-and-Snap" moments, but it was a definite day of beauty for our little sweetheart.

The look took a bit getting used to for her mom and dad, but we ended up loving the cut as her hair had been covering her eyebrows before, and with them visible her face took on a whole new dimension of expressiveness.

... although it's a bit hard to see here. She was VERY tired!



And watching the Teletubbies (see above).

Honestly, Mr. Fallwell, Tinkie-Winkie is the least of this show's problems ...


Shifting gears, albeit slightly, I have to confess my disappointment in my wife a week ago. She drives the kids to school, but we usually talk once or twice a day, as was the case a week ago Thursday. That was the day I went to school and as I was picking up Maya her teacher told me: "She kept her stocking on all day."

Indeed, Maya was wearing some hosiery the other day. Amy was putting on her stockings for work and Maya thought they were pretty neat. So she ended up with one of them on ... all day ... and through two conversations this somehow never warranted any notification.

To Amy, I would like to tell you this story. When I was in high school and Daniel was off to college, a kid in my school who we both knew and told lots of stories about, because he was that kind of kid, came to school one day with a perm. Less than a month later Daniel came home for the holiday and ran into this young man and his head of tight curls in the mall. As memory serves, Daniel came home and slugged me (with affection), but promising me I'd be in big trouble if I left him to discover something like that on his own ever again.

I mean, I could have stopped to pick the camera up on the way to school ...

No comments: