Wednesday, July 2, 2008

And he's already taller than Keri Strug ... (Corn Update: Week 1)

Amy brought the camera to Owen's tumbling class yesterday and caught these two awesome videos.



Here he is on the balance beam. Sure footed ... plus an excellent dismount at the end.



But the tumbling run is my favorite. Look at his technique; just like they taught him. Plant the feet (with a little added jump ... bonus points for difficulty), hands set, head down, then flip. Excellent! And I like how he not only does a little pointing and lecturing at the end, but completes a few extra flips of his own even after the teacher has moved on.

There was room on the tumbling mat. I can't blame him.

I'm also starting a new feature in the blogs today.
Owen and I have been looking at the corn field en route to his day care, and on Monday we took this photo, the first of what will become a weekly record of how quickly the corn (and Owen) is growing.

"Knee high by the 4th of July," and then some.