Thursday, June 26, 2008

Butts and good day

Arriving to pick Owen up at daycare the other day, I walked into Kim's and it was quiet ... too quiet. I was sure I hadn't missed the kids playing out back, because Kim's husband Rick was out mowing the back yard. As I walked in, there was Kim sitting at her computer, but no Owen anywhere. Was Amy going to pick him up for some reason?

Kim turned and said hello and I said, "OK, where's the little man?"

"When we got in from playing," Kim said, "Owen came up to me and said he needed some privacy. So I cleared everyone out of the infant's room and he's been playing quietly in there for a half hour."

Kim appreciated Owen's honesty that he needed some down time, and he apparently had a great time. He had a bunch of toys out and was all hugs and smiles when he finally heard me and came out.

Story #2. Owen made my morning when I was leaving for work today. "Have good luck today, Daddy."

I'll try. But if things don't start well I may ask my boss for some privacy.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure this is soon to become Owen's favorite song. It seems like the kind of song Frances would sing when she got a bit older.